Types Of Business Directories You Should Know.
In the market, you can find all kinds of business directory classifications, but we wanted to highlight two of them for the benefits they can bring you. Your choice should be based mainly on the objective you intend to achieve with your publication within a directory. Historically, there have always been Yellow and White Pages to consult a large amount of data.
Business directories are sorted by activity and area.
The most common type of directory is classified by activities and areas and is characterized by a general directory. Within it, the various branches or business areas are differentiated and rigorously classified.
This is one of the directories most used by users who know what they need but do not know which company to turn to for their needs. Interestingly, your company is present in this type of directory for various reasons:
- You will be able to introduce yourself to new users.
As activities classify the companies, any client who has a need, for example, in plumbing, looking for a mechanical workshop, or in electricity, will be able to see your company and compare it with other competitors.
- High power of attraction of clients.
Directories have a practical function for users who use them when needed. This can allow you a high percentage of conversion of the users of the guide into new clients for your business.
- Facilitate customer contact with the company.
When registering in a directory, you will have to give your contact information, such as your business name, company name, activity, address, and telephone number, among others. All this makes it easy for the customer to contact you quickly and accurately to address issues of after-sales service, customer service, and of course, to make a new purchase.
- Company image.
Directories also play an essential role in the image of your company since not being present can convey to your clients the idea that your business has ceased to operate and no longer exists.
In addition to all this, as zones also classify them, they can offer more benefits that will convince you to be present in them:
- It is an excellent way to make yourself known in the places closest to your location or where you carry out your activity. As zones classify them, the segmentation is very high, so you will only be visible to those people who are looking for companies in the area where you operate.
Directories of international companies
If you want to take your company beyond the physical borders, the type of directory your business needs is an international one. International business directories supply business data to many countries with an international projection.
What are company directories for?
- As the ads are written directly in the destination country’s language, communication is more direct and fluid.
- It can help you start a business internationalization process without forcing you to make large financial outlays.
- You can increase the target population you are targeting considerably.
- It is an excellent way to gain international visibility.
As a company, being present in business directories can be of great benefit to you. On the one hand, you can obtain excellent visibility since many users have access to company directories daily; on the other hand, you can get new clients since those who visit the business directories do so because they have a real purchase need to cover.